These really make the best summer treats for kids, and on the upside are completely cruelty free. The cookies are easy to make and bake and keep well as they contain no dairy (although that’s not really a problem here as we tend to scoff them down pretty quickly.
Vegan Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich
Ingedients for the vegan cookies
- 200g soy spread or coconut butter
- 125g cane sugar (fair trade)
- 75g white sugar (fair trade)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla essense
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100g dark chocolate chips (must be vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In a large bowl cream the sugar and the fat (oil or spread).
- Add the vanilla essence
- Sift in the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) until the dough forms – if it’s too wet add a pinch more flour if it’s too dry add the water until you get the right consistency.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Measure the dough into tbsp sized cookies onto a sheet of baking parchment on a baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until firm.
Source a good vegan ice cream our sorbet ( we like local producer New Forest Ice Cream’s blood orange sorbet best) , Serve a scoop of ice cream between two cookies and enjoy!